Does your organization have a board member who deserves special recognition? Consider nominating an outstanding board member for the annual Stewardship Award. Nominations recognize local board members who exemplify the highest standards of board service and stewardship. Nominations are accepted beginning in April each year, through the second Friday in July. All nominees are recognized at a special luncheon and awards ceremony in October.
About the Award
The Foellinger Foundation is fortunate to have board members – past and present – dedicated to preserving our donors' intent. We know that many other organizations have board members who are committed to staying true to their missions. The Foellinger Foundation is proud to recognize these leaders. The Stewardship Award is presented to a local nonprofit board member who has demonstrated at least three of the Ten Basic Responsibilities identified by BoardSource in Ten Basic Responsibilities of Nonprofit Boards.
- Determine mission and purpose.
- Select the chief executive.
- Support and evaluate the chief executive.
- Ensure effective planning.
- Monitor and strengthen programs and services.
- Ensure adequate financial resources.
- Protect assets and provide financial oversight.
- Build a competent board.
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity.
- Enhance the organization’s public standing.
The recipient's organization will receive a Foellinger Foundation grant of $15,000 for operating support and up to $10,000 for special board development training.