The Foellinger Foundation invests heavily in Capacity Building grants because they help fulfill our mission to support effective leaders and nonprofits. Such organizations are always seeking ways to reach, stretch, grow, and excel. Capacity Building is about helping an organization move to its next level of effectiveness.
Here are examples of activities Capacity Building grants may fund. More examples are listed within each grant opportunity's link.
- Financial sustainability
- Board governance
- Alignment of mission with organizational processes and culture
- Succession planning
- Peer organization review
- Marketing and communications
- Strategic restructuring
The Foundation offers three types of Capacity Building grants: Transform, Renew, and Inspire.
- Capacity Building grants may be submitted at any time.
- An organization is eligible to apply even if it is already receiving Foellinger Foundation grant support.
- All eligible Allen County nonprofits may apply.
Click here for a snapshot of how these three grant opportunities compare.
The Foellinger Foundation awards grants to organizations who have had their 501(c)(3) nonprofit public charities status a minimum of five years and who serve Allen County, Indiana. For information on the three types of Capacity Building grants (Transform, Renew, and Inspire), please call the Foellinger Foundation at 260.422.2900.